The landlord-tenant relationship can often be adversarial and the legal process is based on this dynamic. Whether you are the property owner or the tenant, it is important to seek experienced legal counsel as soon as disputes arise. We provide focused knowledge and experience in landlord-tenant matters. Our attorneys have considerable experience representing both sides of these disputes, which gives our clients an edge as we are readily able to anticipate our opposition's legal position or strategy and guide our clients accordingly.
Commercial and Residential Landlord-Tenant Law in NYC we represent owners of co-ops, condos, apartment buildings, townhouses, brownstones and commercial properties, as well as residential and commercial tenants, in the full spectrum of landlord-tenant matters and disputes:
- Eviction and nonpayment - If negotiations fall through, we advocate for owners or tenants in proceedings in NYC Housing Court or state courts.
- Holdover and repairs - We assert the rights of landlords or tenants in resolving all types of lease disputes, in and out of court.
- Rent stabilization and rent control - We are well-versed in the rights of landlords and tenants in rent stabilized and rent controlled apartments as well as the specific procedures that must be followed. We handle leasing and regulatory issues as well as frequent negotiations for tenant buy-outs.
- Commercial landlord-tenant issues - We represent owners and tenants in store, office, restaurants, medical, dental and retail lease disputes.
- Nuisance, noise and pets - We protect the rights of landlords or tenants in resolving all types of noise, nuisance and pet disputes, in or out of court.
- Efficient Resolution of Residential and Commercial Lease Disputes - Our attorneys are seasoned and experienced in all aspects of the judicial process in commercial and residential landlord-tenant matters, including motions, hearings and trials.
In the residential landlord-tenant arena, our lawyers are highly experienced with Housing Court procedure, NYC Rent Regulations, HPD issues and DHCR rules and regulations. Our experienced strategy is dictated by the goals of our clients, the nature of the dispute and the available options. We are prepared to go into court quickly, while making sure that the specific procedures, details and technical requirements are followed to establish and preserve the rights of our clients.
Please call our NYC, Nassau and Suffolk Landlord and Tenant Lawyers at 516-714-5763 or contact us online to arrange an appointment.