Melvin Monachan, Esq., M.B.A.
Melvin Monachan is the founder of The Law Office of Melvin Monachan, PLLC, a full service, real estate law firm representing individuals, investors and corporate entities in all aspects of real estate law.
On the transactional side, Melvin represents purchasers and sellers of coops, condos and houses from the pre-contract due diligence through closing. He also represents landlords and tenants in the review, drafting and negotiation residential and commercial leases.
On the litigation side, Melvin represents individuals and corporations in the Civil Court, Housing Court, Supreme Court, and Appellate term and Appellate division of the State of New York. These matters include items related to staying foreclosure auctions, landlord and tenant disputes, breach of contract, disputes related to contract deposits, coop corporation and condo association disputes, fraud claims, and boundary disputes and easements.
Prior to opening his own firm, Melvin worked as an associate at a general law practice firm. Before that, he was a law clerk and paralegal for many years working for a variety of firms with different practice areas including: litigation, general business law, real estate litigation law, foreclosure defense, trust and estate law, and personal injury. Melvin's prior experience at a wide array of law firms with varying practice areas gives Melvin the ability to bring a broad base of experience to each real estate matter he works on.
Whether the matter involves drafting a contract, or commencing a lawsuit, Melvin Monachan brings his experience and knowledge to provide personalized service at an affordable price to his current clients.
- New York (State and Federal)
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- New York State Real Property Law Section
- Queens County Bar Association
- Nassau County Bar Association
- Suffolk County Bar Association
- Pace University School of Law School, White Plains, New York- Juris Doctorate,Cum Laude
- Pace University Lubin School of Business, New York, New York - Masters of Business Administration, Cum Laude
- Saint John's University, Jamaica, New York - Bachelors of Arts, Magna Cum Laude